Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Furkenstocks

All photos via Urban Outfitters

Birkenstock
 haters, avert your eyes!  As a life-long Birk wearer, I've long awaited the day when the much-maligned orthopedic shoe would come into fashion.  I did not hold much hope for ever living to see this day, but nevertheless rotated my three pairs of Birks almost every day for the past two years.  Oh how the times have changed.  In case you haven't had access to the internet, or to the outdoors in the past six months, we have long passed the point of ugly shoe oversaturation.  In fact, we are pretty much beyond backlash, and now are at the backlash-to-backlash point of the curve.  After all, for many practical women like myself, Birks will outlast their current trend-value.  In the meantime though, I am thoroughly going to enjoy the victimy iterations that have proliferated, best executed by the brand itself.  The latest styles to emerge feature shearling lining for a perfect transition to fall temperatures, and have a hilariously meta Birkenstock-copying-Celine-copying-Birkenstock appeal.  I spent hours debating between the Arizona Shearlings and the slipper-soft Smurf blue Boston Sherpa-Lined Mules.  In the end I opted for the Arizonas, but who knows.  It's going to be a long winter.  I might need both.




-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: