Wednesday, June 18, 2014

New Obsessions


Sometimes I'm surprised by the local talents that I've somehow overlooked while searching farther afield for new discoveries.  Novis has been around for two years now, yet I only got my first preview of the collection a few weeks ago.  Designed by a fellow native New Yorker, Jordana Warmflash, the collection is the perfect balance of sporty yet very sophisticated, featuring luxurious custom designed prints that are dense in both color and texture.  I love the way that the color block patterns tip a hat to Pop Art without any overly literal references, contrasting bold and unusual color combinations with streamlined and elegant silhouettes.  Definitely a designer to watch, and a new personal favorite.





-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: