Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stocking Stuffers

As the holidays approach, I have been trying to wrap up all my Christmas shopping as early as possible.  Here are a few of my favorite items of the moment that may or may not end up in the stockings of my loved ones, if I don't end up hoarding them for myself.

As a rabid scent collector, I'm obsessed with Odin's latest additions to their collection of unisex fragrances.  For winter, they've launched Roam, a deep, woodsy fragrance balanced out with ginger lily and dried coconut to create a fresh aroma, and Semma, an exotic spice-market blend of sweet tobacco, myrrh, clove, and cinnamon. They're both distinctive, addictive, and sharable with my husband--thus the gift that keeps on giving.



I haven't read my own tarot cards in over a decade, but The Wild Unknown's beautifully illustrated set, along with their accompanying Tarot Guidebook make me want to take up the hobby again. The cards are so pretty you don't even need to believe in tarot to enjoy them.


My makeup choices tend to follow strict simple routine, but rainbow-hued makeup palettes still give me a thrill, even if I won't end up using half of the colors.  I love Jane Iredale's Glamour Eye and Lip Palette because it offers a range of my favorite PureMoist Lipsticks in one compact case, alongside a kaleidoscope of eyeshadows.  The perfect gift for a constantly preening pal.



I never keep a datebook anymore, as I put everything directly into my iCal, but I love Frankie's Daily Journal.  Perfect for someone who likes to keep track of their appointments the old fashioned way.  Like my Mom.



I recently discovered the Twig Terrariums shop while wandering through Gowanus.  I bought my terrarium a year ago under the impression that they were low-maintanence, and easy to use.  I nonetheless manage to kill all my plants with the exception of a lone thriving cactus.  While I should avoid continued terrarium consumption, perhaps another of my friends could really make one thrive.




-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: