Monday, September 10, 2012

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life: Opening Ceremony's 10 Year Anniversary

Before things got messy

I have plenty of runway photos and recaps to post, but they'll have to wait a bit while I recover from last night.  I lost my voice (it's still gone 24 hours later), but it was a small price to pay for the best party of NYFW.  To celebrate their ten year anniversary, Opening Ceremony pulled together all of New York's favorite parties including Misshapes, Smiths Night at Sway, and Ghe20 Goth1k, and assembled them under one roof to create the party of the decade.  Only Webster Hall is big enough to house four floors of incredibly diverse mix of club kids, fashion folks, random children (!!!) and stumbling drunk celebrities, and grand enough to accommodate confetti cannons, balloon drops, and a Confetti Systems decorated, Momofuku cookie dispensing treat truck.

To celebrate, the old Misshapes crew gathered outside of Webster beforehand for a mini-reunion, which turned into a much larger reunion inside.  There were probably a thousand people there, but I felt like I knew them all.  I might not have made it till Lil Kim's late-night not-so-secret "surprise" performance, but I still got to enjoy all of my favorite parties, and all of my favorite people in one place at one time.  Hope we don't have to wait another ten years for the next major rager.


The Misshapes pennant 

Nicollette and Christina, loves of my life!

The kids gathering outside of the old Misshapes apartment for a mini-reunion

A pennant for Smiths Night at Sway, where I met my husband.  And look who's hiding above the banner--out nightlife boss, Tom!

Living Legend Sophia Lamar

The Sway Room

My drink got confetti-cannoned 

-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: