Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Original Sin: Stine Goya AW12

Stine Goya is a perennial favorite of mine, bordering on obsession.  When I went down to Copenhagen Fashion Week earlier this month, I was incredibly excited to get to see her show, knowing that it would be filled with Goya's very specific brand of eclectic elegance.  This season the designer went with a biblical theme: the Garden of Eden.  Models strode out of a giant gilt apple, and were adorned with golden snake jewelry, as well as a couple of heavily embroidered black sequin serpents.  Really though, it was more of what Goya does best: gorgeous custom prints, perfect chunky twisted knits, and classic silhouettes that have been slightly tweaked so that they look entirely new, all layered with a pinch of sparkle and strass.  I can't pinpoint what exactly makes Goya's clothes so magical this season, but I know that it creates deep stirrings of material lust that can be traced all the way back to when Eve took her first bite into the apple.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


the moon and mars said...

Nice picks! I think you are the only blog I've seen that has shown the bobbly, rust 'Snow' jumper!

Mariana said...

You blog is super cute, I like your pics and your outfits!

I took some pictures from the Isabel Marant show for Paris Fashion week I think you'd like!!

Keep up the good work!