Saturday, October 29, 2011

Dip Dye

Dip Dye courtesy of Arrojo. East West sheer top, Joomi Lim cuff, Triskaidekaphobia necklace.

A little while back, I had the pleasure of getting my hair cut at my favorite salon, Arrojo.  They recently invited me back to test out their new Goldwell Coloring service, and I jumped at the opportunity to finally get the violet-blue dip dye job that I've been secretly longing to get for the past year.  While I used to dye my hair all the time as teenager, I haven't done it in about 8 years, and the main thing that's stopped me is my disapproving husband, who fears that I will look like the angsty teen that I once was.  Well, Jimmy happens to already be far away in Sweden (I'll be joining him on Friday), and only has a vague idea of what I've just done to my hair.

Inspired by the candy-colored hair at the recent Meadham Kirchhoff shows, as well as some photos from The Neverending Story blog, I brought some pictures to my dear friend Ashley Kowalski, who is one of the most in-demand colorists at Arrojo.  It took a whopping four hours, but with the help of her assistant Jamie, Ashley managed to produce the dip-dye color of my dreams.  Thanks so much Ashley, Jamie, and everyone at Arrojo!  I'll let you know how Jimmy reacts when I see him...

Inspiration snatched from The Neverending Story.

Ashley started by bleaching my hair to blonde, which took about two and a half hours!

After my hair was properly bleached, Ashley mixed some Goldwell purple and blue colors together.

Waiting for the dye to set

Dip Dye hair flip!

Stumble Upon Toolbar


Alice /// VESTIGIAL WINGS said...

omg. this looks awesome. the colors are so well blended together too

Linda Lu said...

Your hair looks amazing. You make me want to get a dip dye too!

Ophelia said...

Wow, that looks great!

vanessa said...

oh my god it is beyond gorgeous!!

Brandon said...

ooohh I can NOTT wait to see this in person!

Lucinda said...

Wow, mermaid hair! So beautiful.

Amanda said...

woahhhh looks sick lady!!