Friday, August 27, 2010

Back From Outer Space

Hanging out in the Fish-packing district of Reykjavic. Jacket made by my Mom, VPL sweater, Gestuz pants, Collina Strada bag, Alexander McQueen scarf, Slow and Steady Wins the Race Sunglasses, Vivienne Westwood x Melissa shoes.

Two whole weeks without blogging! I feel terrible. It really wasn't meant to be that way. I brought my computer, my camera, all my assorted plugs and converters and wires. Of course, when we got our little apartment, there was no internet, and no open Wi-Fi to mooch off. In fact, there was pretty much no free Wi-Fi anywhere, and let's be honest, I was just too lazy to lug my laptop anywhere while I was on vacation. I did however take plenty of pictures, especially of Stockholm Fashion Week, and I will start posting them shortly.

The first stop on our trip was Reykjavik, Iceland, which was sort of like being on the moon, if the moon had a lot of bars, and really hard-partying people. I've been to a lot of cities, and hosted many parties, and I don't think I've ever been to a place where people acted so drunkenly debauched. The first person we saw when we got there very late on Thursday night was a man wearing nothing but his briefs walking down the street, even though it was 50 F and raining. The second person we saw was a barefoot woman drunkenly attempting to crawl up the stairs to her own house. When she failed to do so, Jimmy and I asked if she needed help, but she claimed that she was fine, and decided to go to sleep on the steps. I think that provided an appropriate introduction to Reykjavik nightlife.

While the highlight of our short stay was hanging out at Boston and Bakkus with all the lovely and super-friendly locals (and the non-highlight being the horrible, hungover flight to Stockholm the next day), we did manage to fit in some non-alcohol related entertainment in. It was a must to stop by one of the hot springs, and we ate the most wonderful seven-course meal at Dill Restaurant. I really wish we had more time to spend to see the rest of Iceland, I definitely plan on going back soon.

Jimmy, looking very much like a serial killer, on the main drag

The old church, which was across the street from where we stayed.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


Natalie said...

Love your blog! You should check out Korean designer Kai-aakmann, I think you would like it! You can become a fan of their Facebook page here:

Invite your friends too!

Allegra LaViola said...

oh my god i just about cried reading the thing about the drunken woman

somewherebetweenwakingandsleeping said...

haha your husband does indeed look quite the serial killer :P
ps. insane love for those pants of yours!