Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Classic With a Twist


One of my husband's most cherished sartorial items is a pair of black Church's brogues that he bought to wear at our wedding. They're definitely a classic item, and I expect that he will wear them for the rest of his life--or at least until they fall apart. I myself have been looking for the perfect pair of brogues for a while, but feel like the Church's versions are slightly too traditional for my taste. I've seen a couple of quirkier pairs at places like Topshop which have caught my eye, but quality wise, they can never measure up to the classic craftsmanship of Jimmy's pair. Then I came upon Dieppa Restrepo, a line of elegantly crafted brogues, oxfords, and loafers, which were beautifully crafted, but designed with a slight twist. They come in a mouthwatering array of colors, and manage to balance timeless styles with a modern flair. With prices that hover around $225, they aren't cheap, but they're about half the price of a pair of Church's. I'm definitely planning on saving up for a pair from their new additions for fall.





-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

somewherebetweenwakingandsleeping said...

these are incredible! the colours and details are worth the price.
ps. i love your blog so much. i lurk here a lot but hardly comment, and just wanted to thank you for the consistantly excellent content you guys blog about. you's are one of my faves fo sho!

Insomnia said...

Ow, they look like candy! And I adore the first picture.
A pair of good brogues is necessary in every shoe closet!

JJ said...

mannn the ones with the rope!!!