Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sunshine State


I'm not much of a sunglasses girl. I own a grand total of four pairs, two of which are nice (Chanel and Charles Anastase), and two of which were once janky accessories to Six Six Sick party outfits (heart-shaped Lolita glasses, and a pair of geriatric-style drugstore blue-blockers that I found at the bar at Brooklyn Bowl). Lately though, I've been feeling a conspicuous lack, and last season at Coterie, I put in a personal order for those Alexander Wang cat-eyed sunglasses, which I'm still anxiously awaiting. Apparently I'll have to wait till April, since personals are the last of the order lot to be fulfilled, leaving me with a serious craving for some quality shades. Therefore I pretty much doubled-over with material-lust when I stopped by the Foundation Showroom last week and took a peek at Ksubi's latest collection of eyeware. While the range contains some classic aviator styles, the highlight for me were the bolder styles, like the multi-colored printed Wayfarers, or the translucent sunglasses which looked like their edges had been out-lined with contrasting Sharpie markers. I also love the round glasses that have the cartoonish appearance of half-opened eyes. Maybe I will become a sunglasses girl after all.


-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Miss Madeline said...

thesse are amazing!!!

Amanda said...

love their glasses this season..i tried on the eyelid ones when i was in tokyo, so cool!

Shay said...

surprised you're not a sunglasses girl for some reason! :)

pink horrorshow said...

I have several pairs of sunnies that don't get enough wear. I really hate those marks they leave on the bridge of my nose!

However, that first pair is pretty amazing..like I REALLY want them..

WendyB said...

I want all of them!

Ivania said...

waaaooow! amazing shapes

Glam Girl said...

I love the round sunglasses! I think I need a new pair...

http://keepingupwithglamfashion.blogspot.com/

LRB said...

Love all those styles for summer.

Pierrot le Fou said...

love them! the second set remind me of those jeremy scott ones though

STOCKHOLM AND SOUTH said...

fabulous!! I love the first pair:)

melina bee said...

I love these shades! If Sophia Loren has taught us nothing else, its that bigger and bolder are better when it comes to sunglasses.
melina bee