Monday, January 25, 2010

Quiksilver Spring

Quiksilver sweater, knit tank, and skirt worn as dress worn, and Roxy jersey necklace. Worn with my own Chanel boots and Triskaidekaphobia friendship necklace, and a pair of gloves we found lying around.

Last Thursday morning, I had the pleasure of taking a peek at Quiksilver's new spring collection, which is trickling into stores now, and styling a look on a mannequin using my favorite items. I naturally gravitated to the gray and neutral toned pieces, and fell in love with a number of their loose knit and jersey numbers, which are perfect for layering, and also make great transitional pieces from winter to spring. I picked out an outfit that I wouldn't think twice about wearing: a diaphanous oversized gray cardigan made out of a ribbony yarn and a knit vest with a lovely pleated detail on the back, layered over a simple black jersey skirt which I hiked up into a dress.

After some prodding by Simone, who is absolutely impossible to say no to, I changed into my outfit of choice, and took a few pictures wandering around the sun-drenched and stunning model apartments in the newly built Jackson Square building where the event took place. Alas, the dress-up had to end sometime, and at the end of the mini-shoot, it was hard for me to leave the fairy-tale homes and change back into my own clothes. Even though I will never be able to afford one of the six million dollar flats, I did leave with a Quiksilver gift certificate, which I will probably put towards a few of these pieces!

I picked out this knit vest because I loved the pleating detail in the back

The finished mannequin. I wore a Coven dress, Rick Owens sweater, Chanel boots, Look from London tights, Forever 21 headband, Triskaidekaphobia friendship necklace.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


bravegrrl said...

absolutely love the layered look!


Insomnia said...

All of the outfits are great! I love layering!

Isabel said...

I love your all-plaid outfit, its wonderful :)

Charles said...

i love every piece of clothing in this post! so gorgeous :)
that sweater & the knit vest are especially calling to me


Mattamorphis said...

Wow look at all that light.

Beautiful shots