Monday, October 19, 2009

Scandinavians Do It Better


On Saturday night, I was hanging out at my friend Chet's apartment, when I noticed a giant hooded cardigan lying on his bed. I immediately grabbed it and asked what it was, and not surprisingly, found out it was made by Swedish-born designer Lars Andersson, for whom Chet freelances as a press agent. I'm a sucker for nice knits, since quite frankly, they're difficult to find; items that meet the requirements of being warm and practical, as well as being stylish and wearable are a rare occurrence. The cardigan I found on Chet's bed had comforting appeal of a snuggie, but rather than draping like a clunky grandma sweater when he put it on, it gave him the appearance of a Blade Runner era Dark Lord. It only seems natural that some of the best knitwear comes from a Scandinavian, given their familiarity with freezing weather, and I'm definitely thinking of picking one of the unisex pieces up for our own bracing New York winter. Here are some of my favorites, with Chet modeling some of the sweaters himself.





-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

13 comments:

joy said...

I will agree and add that Scandinavians breed the best fashion surprises. I know yummy is one of those words but....it applies.

Joy D.

InnyVinny said...

Chet's gorgeous.

And aside from that, this is some of the best knitwear I've seen. Wearable and versatile are definitely hard to find in that department. I LOVE this.

white mice said...

Snuggie, yes. Stylish, absolutely!!!! I agree. Good knits are hard to find. Loving it, girl!!!!

kirstyb said...

oooooh i want i want i want xxxxxx

Christian Castillo said...

Oh very nice. I've been looking to find the perfect chunky sweater, that first one he has on is awesome.

Jillian said...

omg no way! that is fantastic!
I love Lars Anderson I did a post on one of his previous collections way back in the day thanks to W29 Showroom. I love his designs seriously love them, they are so wonderful and look so cozy!

Hope you are well
xo

Mouthwash said...

Well, lemme say that THAT Scandinavian is beautiful. Wow. Yes, I would wear whatever he wanted. Haha.

Great knitwear!

Amber

ambersmouthwash

Isabel said...

Ahh, I'm just mad for all these drapes and layers!

Elisabeth Lacunza said...

great!

Faridah said...

Amazing collection. The images are so beautiful.

Lauren said...

Ooh love this. I'm all about the chunky knits too. In fact, I followed a Russian lady around the Barney's warehouse sale a couple of years ago while she decided whether or not she wanted this weird and enormous chunky knit cashmere cape-like drapey thing.

Anyway, these are very cool.

Jyun said...

You are right, Scandy's are really good at cutting edge basics!

May Kasahara said...

I'll take one sweater and one Chet.