Thursday, October 15, 2009

All Hail AllSaints

AllSaints sweater, Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair tank top, Zara pants, Rachel Comey boots, Devaki hat, Longchamps leather bracelet, Gerard Yosca cuff, Antti Asplund necklaces, Iosselliani ring

Ok, I have a confession to make that will probably have some of my U.K. friends guffawing. Up until last week, I was under the impression that AllSaint was the British equivalent of Hot Topic, selling mass market goth/punk attire for suburban alterna-kids. I mainly blame the name, which I associate with the girl group, and I also blame the fact that AllSaints hasn't enjoyed the same U.S. publicity blitz that Topshop has had. That said, I admit I must be partially blind, considering the fact that so many of my favorite bloggers wear the brand quite frequently.

Then, a couple of months ago, a British jewelry designer who I was freelancing for admired my Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair dress, commenting that it "bore the same handwriting" as her favorite High Street brand, AllSaints (even though her boyfriend is one of the owners of Topshop). Rather than checking out AllSaints as she suggested, I felt mostly disbelieving, not to mention slightly insulted on behalf of one my favorite labels of all time. How could they possibly compare?!

AllSaints however has made it's way to me, first opening up a store in New York's Bloomingdales in September, and recently launching its U.S. online store. I finally took a peek at their website, and was immediately sucked in. Though the U.S. site has a skimpier selection than the U.K., it's still packed with beautifully deconstructed knits, perfectly tailored jackets and coats, and plenty of lovely draped dresses and haphazardly ballooning skirts. While the collection has a distinctly roguish, highwayman feel, I can definitely see touches of Fifth Avenue, and even CDG running throughout, and have to admit that I'm already addicted to this slightly less expensive alternative. I immediately ordered this deconstructed sweater, and already have several items on my Christmas wishlist.



I'm somewhat obsessed with this waistcoat, which reminds me of a Victorian medical corset

I love the draping of this jacket, which looks like it's perfectly tailored, yet slightly disheveled

The leather buckle straps add the perfect amount of detail to this dress

-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

22 comments:

Amanda said...

woah had no idea they had a US online store now..hopefully it works out better for us pricewise. they need to open a store in NY- i know it would do really well.

Daisy said...

The last dress is just perfect ! I do like All Saints a lot! However at times some of their items (As with many high street stores) become worn by almost everyone.. so it Pulls it down a little. Their designs are mostly fab and unique!

Lovely outfit you have on it the photo :)

Jess said...

You look stunning and I'm a big lover of All Saints if only I can find it over here! The leather straps on the last dress makes it so much edgier.

adventuresofyoshi said...

yay! this outfit is awesome! thanks for putting me on to allsaints!

Michael said...

Wow! That coat with the drapery is indeed very beautiful. I love All Saints jackets and wish they had an actual store here in Toronto.

Charles said...

wow! i love the sweater on you! and your wishlist rocks! that dress...omg i want so bad o.O

Mouthwash said...

ooh, I really like your outfit! The stripes and floppy hat add such a fun vibe.

That last dress is stunner!

Amber

ambersmouthwash

Style Bird said...

I love the dress.

sarah said...

they are my favorite, perfect patinas on EVERYthing...
xo s

WendyB said...

Love that last one...tempting...

Stacy said...

love your sweater!
and that waistcoat is ridiculous, it's so great in so many ways

http://fashionhandglide.blogspot.com

randi bergman said...

that first one is a sweater? yummms i thought it was a dress...i want it too! and i'd totes take the waistcoat...for hannukkah!

xx, http://thekatiegirls.blogspot.com/

Isabel said...

This stuff is all pretty impressive. Why have I never heard of AllSaints before?

Ilse said...

yes yes yes yes

AllSaints!

Helen said...

Every time when I go to England, I feel masochistic and pop into the main All Saints shop in Spitalfields... It's amazing. I always want to buy every single piece, especially in real life everything is so irresistable thanks to the wonderful materials.
I got my handbag from them, and it was one of my best purchases ever. One year later and it's still in perfect shape even though I use it daily.
I wouldn't mind getting that white dress you posted...

THE DIVINITUS said...

this is cool.

Christian Castillo said...

I have a thing for tiny leather details. They just make me go insane eeeee.

Steph said...

I LOVE All Saints. I tried on the last dress is plaid and it's to die for. It's on my list of things to get before I leave the UK.

May Kasahara said...

I wore a hole in my allsaints leather jacket. not because it's poorly made - but because I can never tae it off.

they use some awesome leather.

burnthesebones said...

i've been lusting over all saints for ages but knew nothing of this bloomingdales in-house business...time to check out the goods in person :)

danae said...

they make the best men's tees- i always grab a couple everytime im in london

Caroline Frederick said...

In the top pic with the model. What is the name of the allsaints brown deconstructed sweater.
I have been looking for it all over but have yet to find it.