Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Diamond Day

Maison Martin Margiela diamond tube top, BDG nude dress, Tara Subkoff for Easy Spirit nude wedges, sheer gloves from the district

When Ginny, the human ray of sunshine, invited me to the Margiela friends and family sale last week, I knew exactly what I wanted: the gigantic diamond tube top that skulked across the runway like it had magically sprouted a pair of human legs. Somehow, I was lucky enough to snatch it up for a very reasonable 75% off. Nobody else apparently was interested in dressing up as an oversized jewel, and my purchase even prompted the staid Margiela saleswomen to curiously inquire where exactly I planned on wearing such an absurd looking garment. I replied, somewhat flustered, "I work in nightlife," as if that were a proper explanation, before hurrying off.

Nonetheless, I was given the perfect opportunity to wear my diamond that very weekend. Allegra and Michael from LaViola Bank called to let me know their friend Saam Farahmand was filming a video project at their gallery featuring people dancing to their favorite songs. Saam, who has directed videos for The Klaxons, Janet Jackson, and Alexander McQueen, filmed dozens of people in London doing their dances, and then VJ'd the resulting video clips at a party. I chose to dance to Yelle's "Qui Est Cette Fille" (a cover of Robyn's "Who's That Girl") wearing the above outfit. Saam VJ'd the videos at B.East on Tuesday, but I pathetically slept through the whole affair, so I don't even know how foolish I looked (although I can imagine pretty well). I guess it is best to remain blissfully ignorant, but I thought I would share this video that Saam shot for Alexander McQueen's Puma collection, since it is probably much more pleasant to watch anyway.


-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

28 comments:

Amanda said...

omg what an AMAZING piece to own. i love margiela to death- so jealous i didn't get to go!! you have to track down the video to see yourself..

somewherebetweenwakingandsleeping said...

LOVE THIS! i wanna see this in action! more of this gigantic diamond please :)

Erin Nicole said...

OMG i can't even believe i'm seeing a real person wearing this!!!! so exciting!! what a great piece to have kicking around xx

Erin Nicole said...

ps..do you mind if i draw you in it??

Ash Fox said...

love this photo.
x

www.tittees.blogspot.com

laia. said...

amazing.

juliesjuice said...

lucky girl !

MJ said...

That's awesome! Possibly the best item of clothing I have ever seen.

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

A La Mode said...

Holy shit that top is crazy. I love it!

Christian Castillo said...

I hope you know, you're absolutely amazing for wearing that. I love it.

The video is pretty sweet too.

Dannie said...

wow, i dont think i get it
but kudos to your confidence!

joy said...

that piece will be in your closet for years and years to come. It is epic! And yes the cooking show was filmed in my apartment. And of course you are welcome to visit anytime.

Shay said...

you are awesome. Love that you rocked that craziness, wow!!

Fipe said...

wow wow wow

Connie said...

LOVE! p.s: the very same editorial.

The Heartbreak

Connie said...

LOVE! p.s: the very same editorial.

The Heartbreak

Sarah A. said...

tiffany! where can i find carin wester garments?! TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW!

Cathy said...

wow, you are incredibly lucky

josephine said...

hahaha AWESOME! definitely want to see action shots. This is the kind of thing I see on the runway, and think, who wears this in real life? you do! amazing! kudos.

thequeenjosephine.blogspot.com

maik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
maik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Isabel said...

This is so rad! I just imagine the saleslady getting flustered over somebody buying such a bizarre piece, haha! Your explanation definitely would've been good enough for me.

sarah said...

i love the top, and love your explanation even more.
xo s!

MERMAID HAIR said...

your new best friend

Yuka said...

its soooo amazing. wow. and you pull it off really really well!

"hi, i'm ginnybranch stelling and i love love." said...

yes ma'am! you look so amazing! work girl, work.

"i work in nightlife" hilarious...

burnthesebones said...

i love it! what a gem, so to speak. this is something i would definitely keep forever and pass down as an heirloom, haha.

Claudia said...

you are awesome. Love that you rocked that craziness, wow!!

3D ultrasounds | 4d Ultrasounds