Friday, July 24, 2009

Paper <3s Housing Works

Alexis standing in front of a rack of her editorial picks at the Paper Magazine party at Housing Works

When I heard that my friend Alexis was putting together an event for the Housing Works shop around the corner from my apartment, I knew I had to stop by. Alexis is the Associate Editor of Paper Magazine, one of my all-time favorite reads, and she and her fellow editors took a trip out to the Housing Works warehouse in Queens to dig through the piles of donated goods and pick out racks of their favorite finds. For those of you who don't know, Housing Works is one of the best charity thrift shops in New York: all proceeds going to homeless men, women, and children living with HIV and AIDS. While the event was only one night, all the Paper Editor picks are still up in the store, and many of them are available online at their webshop, which also hosts auctions featuring their best donations. Definitely stop by, you'll feel guiltless about what you spend, knowing that everything goes to a worthy cause.

My friend Jon picked up this adorable blazer for just $10!

I wore the Alexander Wang dress I picked up at the sample sale a couple weeks ago, with Topshop heels and a Gerard Yosca necklace

-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

Damsels said...

love paper magazine. and your color combination woks in many unexpected ways :)

Kat George said...

I LOVE the way you put the colours together in this picture. The soft magenta of the shoes with the teal of the dress and the sparkling blue of the necklace- Ohmigod! You're amazing. xx

Gold Sphere said...

the dress looks really great on you and I usually don't like colours.

yiqin; said...

OMG so cute!

Ashley said...

I love your entire outfit, dress necklace and shoes! Just perfection!

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

MJ said...

That dress is yummy.

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Shay said...

pale blues and pinks! So good!

joy said...

Those shoes are from TopShop? Wow.

Isabel said...

You look amazing! I love Topshop shoes (at least on the website).

SOMETHING PICASSO said...

I love how you wear the Alex Wang dress in a way all your own. Seriously, its a much-needed update/refresher/take on Wang's stuff...