Monday, July 27, 2009

G.I. Joe/ Ghostbusters

Last Week I assisted Holly and Isa on another shoot for Nom De Guerre. As usual, they were stocked with amazing military accessories and I was inspired by their selection of cords and epaulets. I have always been a fan of Nom De Guerre because they make guys look fashionable with out making them look like a pansy haha. This season we shot at an abandoned police precinct all they way in Spanish Harlem. The decrepit precinct was now being used as a storage space for a near by elementary school and looked like something out of Silent Hill! The photographers for the shoot told us they they had shot A list models at the space and were always surprised about their lack of complaints. On our last day of shooting, I was getting ready for another day of steaming, when I noticed that there was a headless pigeon in the middle of our set up! The building manager told us that it must have been the work of a stray cat, but I am sticking with my theory of pigeon eating poltergeists!




These are two tone military boots painted cream


Epaulets


Sorry if you are squeamish, but this was too unbelievable not to include. I tell no lies!

This is what most of the building looked like. I explored a bit, but there was no electricity ,so I was way too chicken to go down to the basement and get shots of the jail cells.

-C

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

Sarah A. said...

looks awesome! congrats!

CAMILLE said...

great pics....looks like a amazing shoot

MJ said...

That picture of lots of epaulets cheered me up far more than I should probably say. Also, I love buildings like that! Looks like an amazing shoot...

http://dreamingspiresandoldcartyres.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

My dad has this weird obsession with military surplus stores. I think that it's been passed on to me.

joy said...

I can't wait to see the end result. Those two-tone boots are pretty savvy. Hope you are doing well!

Joy D.

Mouthwash said...

oooh fun!

Amber

styleslicker said...

OMG the dead pigeon!!!!

SOMETHING PICASSO said...

Wowwwww, words escape me (and they often do when you post things like this). I love the whole concept, and all the accessories are so great, I would totally raid that photoshoot for the boots.

The headless pigeon was still alive? They can do that?