Thursday, June 18, 2009

Modern Master

Last week James received a an email from one of his long lost relatives with a link to her neighbors art work. The subject said something like "there are cool artists out here too". To be honest, I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised! The link was to the work of Andy Paiko, and I unknowingly, was already a fan of his work. I had seen it years before in Barney's "Gothic Splendor" window installation, which was also used in Home and Gardens Halloween issue. The installation was designed by Douglas Little, and the absinthe fountain was a collaboration piece he did with Andy Paiko.


Barneys Gothic Splendor window

Absinthe fountain from Home and Garden

Chair
Bell Jars
Spinning wheel

-C


Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

InnyVinny said...

These are beautiful.

That first window makes me miss working in visuals. It's so awesome.

speechless_fashion said...

Interesting! I like it!

Shay said...

um, wow. I want an Absinthe fountain.

WendyB said...

Love this.

white mice said...

These are great. I love Bell jars and the chair looks amazing. One of my favorite shops in SF called Paxon's Gate and this reminds me of it (they have bell jars, taxidermy, plants and animal skulls). This is far more visually stunning though.

robyn said...

love these! i've actually been looking for an absinthe fountain for the longest time, but haven't found thee one yet.