Friday, June 12, 2009

Dancing Shoes

When we first started throwing parties, the three of us had a terrible problem of devastating our designer shoes with countless nights of dancing until 4am. Our solution was found in a shoe company called "Pleaser USA". They specialize in costume shoes basically for strippers and sexy nurses, but since these shoes were made for "dancers" they out lasted many pairs of designer shoes (RIP Vintage Helmut Lang and YSL frienship shoes) . We started out with matching $27 basic 5in pumps, but now they are making insane knock offs! Here are some shots of our originals verses their knoch offs.

My Prada Booties
Tif's Burberry Booties
I love this pair, it is kind of my guilty pleasure! Maybe a Designer should knock these off of, all you have to do is replace all of the ACRYLIC with LUCITE! Presto!

- C

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

ohmylungs said...

How comfortable are these? I've got my eyes on some boots by them but they are HIGH.

jane said...

ahahaha that's so clever. i love the neon shoes:)

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

those shoes are just epic!!!!

Dannie said...

the ankle boots do look veeery similar to the real things!! fun! i def. wanna check it out
and those lucite, neon ones are amazing

Shay said...

I love pleaser shoes. They do definitely last the night.

May Kasahara said...

I was close to ordering last year - but I didn't know how they ran - TTS? small-ish? any hints?

Juliet said...

I LOVE THIS! i did have a little lust for pleaser heels cause I knew platform heels were slowly coming back and they are in such great designs, great post love.

www.herinfluences.blogspot.com

Charles said...

the first ones are absolutely gorgeous! <3

Isabel said...

That's such a good idea! I'm not really a heels person, but I wonder why I've never thought about it before - of course stripper shoes would be more durable! Genius. Those Prada boots are beautiful.

The Six Six Sick Girls said...

They aren't the most comfortable shoes, but we by ours a size up and they are fine after you break them in.

-C

Frou Flu said...

oh my god i love your prada booties and tiffany's burberry's!

LuxiRare said...

i own two pairs of those oxford patents in two different platform heights. They are like sneakers to me.

Ashley said...

i've been thinking about getting a pair of Pleasers but I'm not sure yet..crazy knocks though!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Queen Michelle said...

I recently came upon this brand by accident and ordered some amazing thigh high boots, but they are taking forever to arrive. They are coming from a shop in the UK so no idea why it's taking so long. Sadly I didn't size up but hopefully they will be fine.

info@mandpmodels.com said...

Love your blog! Exchange links?

http://mandpmodelsblog.blogspot.com

<3 xx