Tuesday, April 14, 2009

When I Grow Up I Want To Look Like This


When I Grow Up from Fever Ray on Vimeo.

Ok, so I normally don't like to repost stories that I see on other people's blogs (I think it's laaaazy), but when I saw theses images from the Fever Ray video that Luce posted on Ink, I thought they were too beautiful not to share with everybody. In all honesty, Jimmy has been playing the new Fever Ray album on repeat for the past month, and I still haven't been able to get into it. While I think the songs are haunting and beautiful, Karin Dreijer Andersson's solo work just hasn't entranced me in the same way that The Knife does every single time I listen to them.  Nevertheless, Karin maintains the strong aesthetic vision set forward by The Knife,and  when I saw these images from the video for When I Grow Up, I was pretty blown away.  In particular, I can't get over Karin's outfit, which looks like a cross between Rodarte Fall 2008, and Ann-Sofie Back's Fall 2009 Exorcist inspired collection.  Today Christina and I were actually walking around the district looking for parts to make our own DIY dreamweaver skirts, inspired by Ms. Back, but maybe this is a better source of inspiration?  I don't know who designed this, or if it's just a costume piece made for Karin, but it's pretty incredible.  Watch the video!


Music video stills from When I Grow Up, courtesy of Ink.

Ann-Sofie Back Fall 09 from her website.

Rodarte Fall 08 from nymag.com.

-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

Twobreadsplease said...

I love her outfit, it's wonderful. Ahh, I'd love to get my hands on some of that ann sofie back collection too. x

Chelsea said...

I have been watching that video pretty much every time I am online since coming across it afew weeks ago. magical and addictive.

alex said...

why do i feel like were always on the same DIY page? last night im peeping this song and thinking, "SHIT...i gotta do one of these jackets!" werq.

SoleilWilla said...

Hey, thanks for commenting.
:))

I love getting new readers it makes me even more excited to blog, although i do it just because i'm a bored teenager living in seattle. ergh.
Anyways, for the bleaching, you can always dilute the bleach with water. As for other chemical, I really don't know. I've only heard of bleach or chlorine being used.

Good luck with you DIY though :)

elsa said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I loved discovering yours! VEry very cool! xoxo

Luce said...

You're right! Its fully an Ann Sofie-Back/ Rodarte hybrid of amazingness.

I really really like the Fever Ray stuff I've heard, to me its like a Swedish Gang Gang Dance sort of. Maybe i'm partial to it because I never really got into The Knife, but this sucked me in with the pretty pretty costumes (though I did love the knife's bird-masks!)

Edelweiss said...

Wow, incredible, thanks for sharing (I hadn't seen this before so at least your "repost" introduces it to more people like myself ;) ).

¶ MICHELLE.K said...

must say I do enjoy the vid. and Your post's

xo

Dane said...

I really really love this video and I am also thinking of reposting this, its just too good. Her voice is so soulful and haunting.. reminds me a little of bjork, no?

Maverick Malone said...

Wow, I love all those above photos!! Those are great :D

xox, mavi

Georgie said said...

The video really is fantastic, I understand what you mean about the music though. I do like it but it doesn have the same appeal to me as the knife did. Instant.
x