Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Twittah

Swine-flu is datchu? No, just an absurd mobile phone pic of us at work, drummeling jewelry. Don't worry, we won't be Twittering about our mundane day-to-day activities, which mostly looks something like this. I'm wearing a Chanel two-piece playsuit and Chanel sunglasses as googles, Christina is wearing an old shirt.


Ok, so I still don't really "get" Twitter. Honestly, I'm not that interested in knowing what cereal you're eating for breakfast, and frankly, I get quite annoyed by the faux-yawning updates from jet-setting friends complaining about the airport food in Rome. The only point of following someone on Twitter that I can grasp is if you're actually stalking them in real time, and must be informed of their whereabouts 24/7. The only person I can think of using this for is my own husband, but I know where he is most of the time, and have no need to read more about it. Thus, when Nicollette started our Six Six Sick Twitter account last month, I was more confused than amused. Believe it or not, everything in my internet world must have some kind of semi-practical purpose to be worth my time, since it already is way too much of a time trap. Anyway, we've decided that while we won't be boring you with tweets about how drunk/hungover we are, we will be tweeting about our various projects and parties. We don't have a formal mailing list or schedule, so if you want to find out what party we're doing each night, or what DIY project we're in the process of working on, our Twitter will let you know. You can follow us here.
-Tiffany

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

jointjumble said...

i'm tempted to join twitter so i can follow you guys!!

Lani said...

fun picture & cute post. i love you girls!

i joined twitter last week for work, and erin & i were thinking about creating one for our blog. we just haven't been able to decide on a username since sugarrockcatwalk is the longest name ever.

Ms. Butterfly said...

I know how you feel, twitter makes no sense to me. I've attributed it to the fact that I'm just too damn old and out of the loop.

At the same time I find it an interesting trend that has come about where we are expected to have all aspects of our lives made public knowledge. Could be dangerous......quite possibly the end of privacy

LuxiRare said...

hahaha yes I totally understand what you mean by the banality of twitter. I joined momentarily and deleted the account because I don't like how the internet is voyeuristic and stalkerish. I think that twitter is ok as long as you don't wear your heart on your sleeve and you keep yourself distant. I imagine its pretty addicting once you start

Alicia/InstantVintage said...

And that's really all you "have to" tweet about. I use it for info gathering and talking shit with people I normally talk shit with over the internet in a different venue. LOL.

jane said...

exactly how i feel! i like facebook much, much, MUCH better because you can do much more than just tell people what kind of popcorn you're craving. it's like, come on. also, how the hell do you comment on other people's pages? is it impossible? if so, there really is no point to twitter...the phone's just as good...

fashiongeometry said...

i know what you mean about twitter! i can't sit there and twit all day...

and by the way, you look fabulous while wearing the masks!

Queen Michelle said...

I really don't get this whole absurd obsession with Twitter. I REALLY don't want to know the minutae of everyone's life. The idea of following a person on Twitter, whom you've probably never even met, seems very stalkerish. Obviously you guys are using it in a more professional capacity and is more akin mobile blogging.
I do have a Facebook account so I could find an old friend who's email I'd lost, but good grief, some of the utter drivel people put up there! I DON'T CARE!!! I also ended up getting contacted by ex-boyfriends from about 17 years ago, which was deeply disturbing.

Mariane M. said...

i dont understand twitter?? but wow you guys look so amazing and cute!!!!!!!! definately one of my favorite outfits so far

styleslicker said...

I love Twitter, I'm following you!!!
I might have to start wearing surgical mask outdoor now as there's two confirmed cases near my area :(