Saturday, April 25, 2009

Armor Tights

In the last few chilly days of the season I pulled out these DIY knit tights that my friend Mandy made me for my Bday. They remind me of medieval armor.

She cut a pair of knit tights in half at the knee and added buttons and button holes on opposite sides. I am particularly fond of the covered buttons that she chose, but the possibilities are endless.

On my way to Tribeca Grand in a Barneys NY "dress" Stella McCartney belt, DIY tights and YSL shoes.

-C

Stumble Upon Toolbar

17 comments:

Eri said...

How cute! I really like this idea.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.
See you soon.
;)

Amanda said...

amazing idea. those look rad on you!

Cruz said...

Can definitely see the resemblence, kickass gift.

The Stylemaster said...

they look really cool!

Juliet said...

you guys have such creative minds!! it's so simple yet creative!!!

love

www.herinfluences.blogspot.com

jointjumble said...

love those tights and the whole look you have put together, keep up with the amazing blog x x x

pigtails and blushing cheeks said...

wow,those tights look great paired with that dress!!

Tor Hershman said...

This here blog has done given moi a bone-on.

Daisy said...

oh i really like them!

slegna said...

Woah! The tights are great! I wanna have them :) Looks like a terrific piece to play with.

Stompface said...

oooh. amazing!

x

Connie said...

Great idea and they look fantastic. Nice friend you have.

theheartbreakinc.blogspot.com

Queen Michelle said...

They remind of these
http://kingdomofstyle.typepad.co.uk/my_weblog/2008/05/cable-knit-for.html
I was desperate to find these but never did.

Twobreadsplease said...

They are supreme tights, you wear them so well! I whs my friends would give me gifts like this. x

sarah said...

These are so much fun!

WendyB said...

Very cool!

Lani said...

those are soo awesome! great outfit :)