Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Jewel

My new Iosselliani AR100 limited edition ring. There's a better picture here.

Today we stopped by W29 Showroom again for a fitting with the lovely Margarita Sapala.  We will be working on her lookbook, and got to try on some of the unfinished samples.  While I'm at W29 I always have to touch everything I see, especially the jewelry.  I've been lusting after an Iosselliani ring for a long time, but I'm on a permanent self imposed jewelry buying ban (because I can make it, yo), so I've been resisting for a full year now.  All you clothe whores out there know how rough that is, and every time I walk through those W29 doors, I hear the siren call of pretty jewels.  This time I caved.  I've been a pretty good girl this month, and when Shelley told me that they had one of the limited edition styles that I wanted in stock, I couldn't resist the opportunity.  I knew I wasn't going to get a better price (wholesale and landed!) and I didn't even have to go about with all that pesky pre-ordering nonsense, which always makes me antsy (I'm all about instant gratification).  Suzanne, the owner of W29, warned me that Iosselliani jewelry is a veritable addiction.  Like I need another one of those.  Anyway, who knows what maelstrom of nasty jewelry buying demons this purchase has unleashed, only time will tell, but I am already trying to curb the urge for a second piece.  In the meantime, the piece I already own has reminded me of this pop-noir video by the appropriately named Swedish band Juvalen (The Jewel) for their song Hanna.


Stumble Upon Toolbar


May Kasahara said...

god. that ring.

damn. fucking flawless. you have great taste.

Vintage Tea said...

Aw congrats on the ring! lol. I have an Iosselliani ring too. Its kinda different from this one. I love all their stuff x

Fashion Trix said...

Precious bling